Wednesday, January 4, 2023

2022 look-back: How to achieve all your set goals in 2023.

You know that wave of posting 2022 achievements on social that hit like one of COVID towards the end of the year? If you survived it, you clearly can't succumb to peer pressure. 

But when l finally got a moment to sit down and reflect on how the year went, l realised it wasn't a wave for people to recount their achievements but rather a sigh of relief. 

2022 was officially the year we felt like we were going back to normal after COVID, we finally had face-to-face interactions, gatherings started happening again, and we slightly got comfortable with public transport, (forget the Kampala taxis that have been normal since the pandemic started) finally you didn't have to panic after realizing you hadn't carried your mask the moment the bus door clicked shut.

Technically, it was the year we learned to run again after being on crutches for a long time. 

Seeing things like "l flew to this city" on people's lists made me realize that it's not just the great achievements but the things we thought we could never do again that mattered in 2022. 

When l finally got to write down my accomplishments for the year, it amazed me how l even thought some parts of the year had been in 2021. That's how long the year was! 

Here's a small snippet of my year's accomplishments. 

All random things. 

Last year was the first year in a long time that l felt l had celebrated my birthday. My birthday is at the start of the year, we all know how everything is spent over the Christmas holiday and January is lived on "vibes and inshallah". Plus it's not like l come from a background that capitalizes on birthdays. 

So yeah, having a day out with my friends on such a day, considering where my life was at the moment, was a really great accomplishment. 

Looking at my birthday being just a day after tomorrow (from when this is published) and having absolutely no plan makes me appreciate last year even more. 

Getting my own place was surely one of my biggest wins of the year and boyyy seeing the things l reluctantly taught myself finally yielding was something!

We will not talk about the man because l even had no idea l had him to begin with, haha. 

2022 surely was a whirlwind of events and here we are writing down fresh new year goals which we are very much likely not to follow through with. 


Well, how can you position yourself to achieve all your 2023 goals? 

The genuine answer is you will not, no matter how much you try. 

But being true to yourself and conquering those goals in small bits will put you far ahead and keep you energized. 

Getting a camera was one of the big things on my goals for 2022 but did l even ever save up a 10th of the money l needed for a camera? Absolutely not!

Did l want the camera so bad? I still don't know. Did l work my ass off to get it? We will never know.

Prioritize your goals in terms of value and feasibility. I know now the manifestors are going to come at me but to be honest, not all of us have strong minds to manifest whatever we want. If that were the case, we wouldn't be working this hard day in, and day out. 

Diligently work towards achieving your goals every day. 

One of my goals for 2023 is to drive, whether my car or not, the point is driving haha. I am someone who has never at one point got as close as to sitting behind a steering wheel so the whole process of getting into a driving school, getting the money, actually learning to drive, and getting a driving permit, is a collective goal. 

The small iterative steps l take towards achieving all that will be a single win and that's how you keep reenergized to chase your goals even when you feel you're not making any headway. 

2022 was a year of soul-searching for many people, l hope 2023 comes with more clarity. 

Happy new year, now go chase those wild dreams!

The only picture l could find from my birthday

Read More Related Posts;



No comments:

Post a Comment